Sunday, July 8, 2012

We are back!!!

Yesterday we returned from a 2 week road trip! Something I haven't done since I was a kid, much different experience with my husband and kids. We had a wonderful time, really enjoyed our family time together! First we went to AZ to visit my parents and Tavo's Tia and Tio. It was a short trip, but we had a nice time! Then off to the Grand Canyon we went :) Wow, it was so much better than I thought it would be, it was like looking at a painting, so beautiful!!!! Spent the night in Scottsdale and headed to the meteor crater (another really cool experience). Spent the night in NM and again in OKC (Jaycee's first hotel experience this trip and she was enjoying it!) Our main goal was to head to MO to visit my grandparents in Quincy, MO. We made it on June 27th in the early evening and stayed until July 1st. It was a really great trip lots of great memories from when I was a kid that Jaycee got to experience :) Tavo really enjoyed all the wild life on my grandparents land! Leaving on the 1st we tried night driving and this worked out a lot better with the kids, especially Roman. Harder on us, but worth it since we were getting to CO on the 2nd and visiting for 2 days. Jaycee was too silly though, I guess she was super excited or something because she didn't fall asleep till almost 2am on the car ride to CO. Our visit with Michelle, Danny and Landon in Littleton, CO was nice! Most of CO was on fire so we did not get to enjoy fireworks, but we did enjoy great company and good food ;) CO is a beautiful state :) We left CO on the 4th and drove to Vegas to spend the night and then head home the next morning. Overall the kids did really well! We had a portable DVD player I got off craigslist for $15 and it was most of Jaycee's entertainment. So thankful for the coworkers that let us borrow movies to take on the trip also! We ALL really enjoyed the trip and had a wonderful time! As much as we enjoyed the trip, we are also thankful to be home safe and in our own beds :)

I'll post pictures soon from the trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment